Re: Getting a error on creating a partition table index 12.2.

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: Getting a error on creating a partition table index 12.2.
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 2020-Mar-05, Adrian Klaver wrote:

> On 3/5/20 10:04 AM, nikhil raj wrote:

> > *CREATE INDEX t_e20so1_doi_c_doid_idx
> >      ON public.t_e20so1_doi USING btree
> >      (i_doid ASC NULLS LAST)
> >      TABLESPACE pg_default;*

> > *ERROR: cannot specify default tablespace for partitioned relations SQL
> > state: 0A00.*

> > Note:- but the same query is executed in the 12.1 version.its working fine.
>
> Well this ERROR appeared here:

https://git.postgresql.org/gitweb/?p=postgresql.git;a=commit;f=src/backend/commands/indexcmds.c;h=87259588d0ab0b8e742e30596afa7ae25caadb18

The reason for the error is the expectation that creating an index on a
partitioned table with a tablespace specification will cause the
children indexes (ie. the indexes on the partitions) to use the same
tablespace.

This does not work properly for the default tablespace, so I made that
particular condition an error.

Сообщение: Re: Getting a error on creating a partition table index 12.2.
Сообщение: Re: Getting a error on creating a partition table index 12.2.