Re: Pgbackrest - conflict between 'main' and 'demo'

От Stephen Frost
Тема Re: Pgbackrest - conflict between 'main' and 'demo'
Дата
Список pgsql-novice
Greetings,

* mimble9@danwin1210.me (mimble9@danwin1210.me) wrote:
> This is a 'pgbackrest' question. Please let me know if this is not the
> correct group for such a query.
>
> I am attempting to follow the guide
> (https://pgbackrest.org/user-guide.html) which creates a 'demo' cluster
> and then configures it.
>
> Everything is fine until I run: sudo -u postgres pgbackrest --stanza=demo
> --log-level-console=info stanza-create
>
> The error is:
>
> INFO: stanza-create command begin 2.25dev: --log-level-console=info
> --pg1-path=/var/lib/postgresql/10/demo --repo1-path=/var/lib/pgbackrest
> --stanza=demo
> ERROR: [058]: version '10' and path '/var/lib/postgresql/10/main' queried
> from cluster do not match version '10' and '/var/lib/postgresql/10/demo'
> read from '/var/lib/postgresql/10/demo/global/pg_control'
> HINT: the pg1-path and pg1-port settings likely reference different clusters.
> INFO: stanza-create command end: aborted with exception [058]
>
> I don't understand how to edit the "read from cluster" in order to set it
> to /var/lib/postgresql/10/demo
>
> I have modified every entry in the data_directory in
> /etc/postgresql/10/main/postgresql.conf to point to
> /var/lib/postgresql/10/demo but that didn't change anything.
>
> My /etc/pgbackrest/pgbackrest.conf shows:
>
> [demo]
> pg1-path=/var/lib/postgresql/10/demo
>
> [global]
> repo1-path=/var/lib/pgbackrest
>
> Can anyone please advise me how to fix this error, thanks?

If you log into your PostgreSQL cluster and do 'show data_directory;'
does the result match what you have for pg1-path..?

If you have multiple clusters running on your system (us pg_lsclusters
to check), the issue might be that pgbackrest is connecting to the
default one, which isn't the same as the one that you're trying to do a
backup of.  You can change the port for pgbackrest to match if you need
to.

Thanks,

Stephen

Вложения