Re: WAL usage calculation patch

От Michael Paquier
Тема Re: WAL usage calculation patch
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Mar 04, 2020 at 05:02:25PM +0100, Julien Rouhaud wrote:
> I'm quite worried about the stability of those counters for regression tests.
> Wouldn't a checkpoint happening during the test change them?

Yep.  One way to go through that would be to test if this output is
non-zero still I suspect at quick glance that this won't be entirely
reliable either.

> While at it, did you consider adding a full-page image counter in the WalUsage?
> That's something I'd really like to have and it doesn't seem hard to integrate.

FWIW, one reason here is that we had recently some benchmark work done
internally where this would have been helpful in studying some spiky
WAL load patterns.
--
Michael

Вложения