Re: Advice request : simultaneous function/data updates on manydatabases

От Rory Campbell-Lange
Тема Re: Advice request : simultaneous function/data updates on manydatabases
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 04/03/20, Guyren Howe (guyren@gmail.com) wrote:
> On Mar 4, 2020, at 14:33 , Rory Campbell-Lange <rory@campbell-lange.net> wrote:
> >
> > Essentially we wish to reduce the window where the frontend and backend
> > aren't synchronised.
> >
> > If we have (for example) 200 databases which each take 2 seconds to
> > update, a client could be on the wrong frontend code for over 6 minutes.
>
> Send each of the servers a PL/PGSQL method that executes all the
> things in a transaction and then waits until the same clock time to
> commit. Then all the servers are committing at the same moment. They
> will still be out of synch somewhat, but this would reduce the degree.

This is a really interesting idea.

Any thoughts on how to wrap pl/pgsql function dropping and recreation code
within a wrapper pl/pgsql function?

От: Guyren Howe
Сообщение: Re: Advice request : simultaneous function/data updates on manydatabases
Сообщение: Re: Advice request : simultaneous function/data updates on many databases