Re: Perl::DBI and TYPE of column

От Matthias Apitz
Тема Re: Perl::DBI and TYPE of column
Дата
Список pgsql-general
El día Dienstag, März 03, 2020 a las 09:36:32 -0500, Tom Lane escribió:

> Matthias Apitz <guru@unixarea.de> writes:
> > During unload trailing blanks in all columns are discarded, because they
> > would cause problems during loading for INT and DATE columns.
>
> Really?
>
> regression=# select '123  '::int;
>  int4
> ------
>   123
> (1 row)
>
> regression=# select '12-02-2019  '::date;
>     date
> ------------
>  2019-12-02
> (1 row)

The problem occurs when loading CSV data like ...|    |... into an INT
column with COPY. I could make you an exact example.

But this wasn't my question, my question is where the document is.

    matthias

--
Matthias Apitz, ✉ guru@unixarea.de, http://www.unixarea.de/ +49-176-38902045

Сообщение: Re: Perl::DBI and TYPE of column
Сообщение: Re: Perl::DBI and TYPE of column