Re: trouble making PG use my Perl

От Peter J. Holzer
Тема Re: trouble making PG use my Perl
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 2020-02-28 07:13:12 -0600, Steven Lembark wrote:
> If you use the centos pre-compiled glob then you'll get their
> pre-compiled paths to their pre-compiled Perl which, among
> other things, is compiled with all optimization turned off,
> with 5.00503 compatibility turned *on*, and a host of other
> pure idiocies that make their perl unsuitable for human use.

I don't have access to a current CentOS, but both claims are wrong for
even the ancient RHEL 6 systems we still have around for some reason.

I find it hard to believe that someone would find it necessary to turn
on bincompat5005 in 2019 when they already considered that obsolete in
2010.

Same for optimization. There are some optimizations that a general
purpose binary distribution like RHEL can't do (like optimizing for a
specific processor type), but frankly I doubt that perl's Configure
turns them on.

        hp

Вложения