Re: A question relative to creating an audit table

От stan
Тема Re: A question relative to creating an audit table
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Thu, Feb 27, 2020 at 10:30:15PM +0100, Andrei Zhidenkov wrote:
> Why not to pass TG_TABLE_SCHEMA and TG_TABLE_NAME in its arguments?
>
> > On 27. Feb 2020, at 22:28, stan <stanb@panix.com> wrote:
> >
> > I ma considering setting up a function, and triggers to put a record in an
> > audit table when certain tables are altered. I pretty much think I know how
> > to do this, with one exception.
> >
> > Can a function, called by a trigger, determine what table it was called
> > for?

I suppose I could do that. I have in mind a single function to accomplish the
audit log, but I will have to have unique triggers for each table. I was
just hoping not to have to do that. Are these values that I could read
automatically? Or do I have to hard code them?

neither liberty nor safety."
                        -- Benjamin Franklin