Re: calculating the MD5 hash of role passwords in C

От Stephen Frost
Тема Re: calculating the MD5 hash of role passwords in C
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Greetings,

* Matthias Apitz (guru@unixarea.de) wrote:
> If I look into the database I see:
>
> sisis71=# select rolname, rolpassword from pg_authid where rolname = 'sisis';
>  rolname |             rolpassword
> ---------+-------------------------------------
>  sisis   | md52f128a1fbbecc4b16462e8fc8dda5cd5
>
> I know the clear text password of the role, it is simple 'sisis123', how
> could I calculate the above MD5 hash from the clear text password, for
> example in C? Which salt is used for the crypt(3) function?

Didn't see it mentioned here, but it probably should be- newer PG
installs really should be using SCRAM and not md5 and the way the
validator is built/stored is rather different from the simple md5 that
you've probably seen in the past.

Thanks,

Stephen

Вложения