Re: Need support on tuning at the time of index creation

От Peter J. Holzer
Тема Re: Need support on tuning at the time of index creation
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 2020-01-27 11:10:36 +0000, Sandip Pradhan wrote:
> One of our ericsson product used backend db as postgresql 9. We are facing
> following performance issues where we need some support from your side.
> We are having 10 tables and we are inserting around 150 million to 250 million
> records on each of those tables. After that we need to create 29 indexes
> includung primary key index and other types of indexes. Currently it is taking
> almost 3.5 to 4 hrs.

It is hard to give advice on what you could do differently if you don't
tell us what you do.

How are you inserting those rows?
How are you creating the indexes?

Especially: Are you doing things serially or in parallel?

Also performance depends a lot on hardware, so faster CPUs (or more
cores) and faster disks/ssds might help, too.

        hp

Вложения