Re: calculating the MD5 hash of role passwords in C

От Christoph Moench-Tegeder
Тема Re: calculating the MD5 hash of role passwords in C
Дата
Список pgsql-general
## Matthias Apitz (guru@unixarea.de):

> sisis71=# select rolname, rolpassword from pg_authid where rolname = 'sisis';
>  rolname |             rolpassword
> ---------+-------------------------------------
>  sisis   | md52f128a1fbbecc4b16462e8fc8dda5cd5
>
> I know the clear text password of the role, it is simple 'sisis123', how
> could I calculate the above MD5 hash from the clear text password, for
> example in C? Which salt is used for the crypt(3) function?

The documentation on pg_authid has the details:
"The MD5 hash will be of the user's password concatenated to their user name."
https://www.postgresql.org/docs/12/catalog-pg-authid.html

Regards,
Christoph

--