Re: Reorderbuffer crash during recovery

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: Reorderbuffer crash during recovery
Дата
Re: Reorderbuffer crash during recovery  (Amit Kapila <amit.kapila16@gmail.com>)
Re: Reorderbuffer crash during recovery  (vignesh C <vignesh21@gmail.com>)
Список pgsql-bugs
On 2020-Jan-17, vignesh C wrote:

> Thanks Dilip for reviewing.
> I have fixed the comments you have suggested.

I ended up rewording that comment completely; I thought the original was
not explaining things well enough.

I also changed the comment for final_lsn in reorderbuffer.h: not only I
remove the line that I added in df9f682c7bf8 (the previous bugfix), but
I also remove the line that says "error during decoding", which came in
with the very first logical decoding commit (b89e151054a); I couldn't
find any evidence that final_lsn is being set on errors of any kind
(other than transaction abort, which doesn't seem an "error" in that
sense.)

Please give these comments a read; maybe I have misunderstood something
and my comment is wrong.

Pushed now to all branches.  Thanks, Vignesh, Amit and Dilip.