Re: 12.1 not useable: clientlib fails after a dozen queries (GSSAPI?)

От Peter
Тема Re: 12.1 not useable: clientlib fails after a dozen queries (GSSAPI?)
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Jan 10, 2020 at 10:51:50PM -0500, Tom Lane wrote:
! Here's a draft patch that cleans up all the logic errors I could find.

Okiee, thank You!
Let's see (was a bit busy yesterday trying to upgrade pgadmin3 -
difficult matter), now lets sort this out:

With the first patch applied (as from Friday - applied only on the
client side), the application did appear to work well.

But then, when engaging bandwidth-limiting to some modem-speed, it did
not work: psql would receive all (or most of) the data from a SELECT,
but then somehow not recognize the end of it and sit there and wait for
whatever:

> flowmdev=> select * from flows;
> ^CCancel request sent
> ^CCancel request sent

Now with the new patches 0001+0003 applied, on both server & client,
all now running 12.1 release, on a first run I did not perceive
a malfunction, bandwidth limited or not.
I'll leave them applied, but this here will not experience serious
loads; You'll need somebody else to test for that...

rgds,
PMc