Re: stupid question

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: stupid question
Дата
Список pgsql-novice
rhkelly <rhkelly@myrealbox.com> writes:
> I was simply inquiring about what I consider to be an indispensible
> element of documentation for *any* application - i.e., the content
> and format of the files in which the application stores the data.

[ Raises eyebrow... ]  I'm not aware of any complex application in which
file format details are considered an indispensable part of the user-level
documentation.  Do Word, Photoshop, Outlook, etc provide that info?

Where you want to be looking is at the developer docs, eg
http://developer.postgresql.org/docs/postgres/page.html
and at the source code --- probably
src/include/storage/bufpage.h
src/include/access/htup.h