Re: error context for vacuum to include block number

От Justin Pryzby
Тема Re: error context for vacuum to include block number
Дата
Re: error context for vacuum to include block number  (Justin Pryzby <pryzby@telsasoft.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Dec 24, 2019 at 01:19:09PM +0900, Michael Paquier wrote:
> On Mon, Dec 23, 2019 at 07:24:28PM -0600, Justin Pryzby wrote:
> > I renamed.
>
> Hmm.  I have found what was partially itching me for patch 0002, and
> that's actually the fact that we don't do the error reporting for heap
> within lazy_vacuum_heap() because the code relies too much on updating
> two progress parameters at the same time, on top of the fact that you
> are mixing multiple concepts with this refactoring.  One problem is
> that if this code is refactored in the future, future callers of
> lazy_vacuum_heap() would miss the update of the progress reporting.
> Splitting things improves also the readability of the code, so
> attached is the refactoring I would do for this portion of the set.
> It is also more natural to increment num_index_scans when the

I agree that's better.
I don't see any reason why the progress params need to be updated atomically.
So rebasified against your patch.

Вложения

От: Mahendra Singh
Сообщение: Re: Assert failure due to "drop schema pg_temp_3 cascade" fortemporary tables and \d+ is not showing any info after drooping temp table schema