Re: [HACKERS] WAL logging problem in 9.4.3?

От Kyotaro Horiguchi
Тема Re: [HACKERS] WAL logging problem in 9.4.3?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
At Thu, 26 Dec 2019 12:46:39 +0900 (JST), Kyotaro Horiguchi <horikyota.ntt@gmail.com> wrote in
> > - Reverted most post-v24nm changes to swap_relation_files().  Under
> >   "-DRELCACHE_FORCE_RELEASE", relcache.c quickly discards the
> >   rel1->rd_node.relNode update.  Clearing rel2->rd_createSubid is not right if
> >   we're running CLUSTER for the second time in one transaction.  I used
>
> I don't agree to that. As I think I have mentioned upthread, rel2 is
> wrongly marked as "new in this tranction" at that time, which hinders
> the opportunity of removal and such entries wrongly persist for the
> backend life and causes problems. (That was found by abort-time
> AssertPendingSyncs_RelationCache()..)

I played with the new version for a while and I don't see such a
problem. I don't recall cleary what I saw the time I thought I saw a
problem but I changed my mind to agree to that. It's far reasonable
and clearer as long as it works correctly.

regards.

--
Kyotaro Horiguchi
NTT Open Source Software Center