Re: Proposal: Add more compile-time asserts to exposeinconsistencies.

От Michael Paquier
Тема Re: Proposal: Add more compile-time asserts to exposeinconsistencies.
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Dec 20, 2019 at 01:08:47AM +0000, Smith, Peter wrote:
> I updated the most recent patch (_5 from Michael) so it now has your
> suggested error message rewording.

Hmm.  Based on the last messages, and this one in particular:
https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/20191202155545.yzbfzuppjritidqr@alap3.anarazel.de

I am still seeing that a couple of points need an extra lookup:
- Addition of a Decl() in at least one header of the core code.
- Perhaps unifying the fallback implementation between C and C++, with
a closer lookup in particular at StaticAssertStmt() and
StaticAssertExpr().

Peter, could you look at that?  In order to test the C++ portion, you
could use this dummy C++ extension I have just published on my github
account:
https://github.com/michaelpq/pg_plugins/tree/master/blackhole_cplusplus

That's a dirty 15-min hack, but that would be enough to check the C++
part with PGXS.  For now, I am switching the patch as waiting on
author for now.
--
Michael

Вложения