Re: Protocol problem with GSSAPI encryption?

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: Protocol problem with GSSAPI encryption?
Дата
Re: Protocol problem with GSSAPI encryption?  (Andrew Gierth <andrew@tao11.riddles.org.uk>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On Sun, Dec  1, 2019 at 01:13:31AM +0000, Andrew Gierth wrote:
> This came up recently on IRC, not sure if the report there was passed on
> at all.
>
> ProcessStartupPacket assumes that there will be only one negotiation
> request for an encrypted connection, but libpq is capable of issuing
> two: it will ask for GSS encryption first, if it looks like it will be
> able to do GSSAPI, and if the server refuses that it will ask (on the
> same connection) for SSL.

Are you saying that there is an additional round-trip for starting all
SSL connections because we now support GSSAPI, or this only happens if
libpq asks for GSSAPI?