Re: Request to be allotted a project or a feature in pipeline

От Stephen Frost
Тема Re: Request to be allotted a project or a feature in pipeline
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Greetings,

* Utsav Parmar (utsavp0213@gmail.com) wrote:
> I'm Utsav Parmar, pursuing my B. Tech in Computer Engineering. I like to
> work on new technologies and am currently looking for open-source projects
> to contribute to.

Neat!

> As it may turn out, I've got a college project in my curriculum this
> semester under “Software Development Practice”, and I'd like to work upon a
> project and/or a feature in pipeline spanning over 3 months in PostgreSQL
> organization as a part of the same college project. My mentor cum professor
> has already agreed for the same, given that I get approval from one of the
> maintainers. So, if possible, will you please allot me something to work
> upon?

What you're gearing up for actually sounds quite similar to what we do
with the GSoC each summer.  The projects there are intended to be about
3 months long and you can look at who has been interested in supporting
those projects in the past from a mentorship perspective.  Here's the
2019 list:

https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/GSoC_2019

Note that the individuals listed on that page as being willing to mentor
were specifically planning to help with GSoC 2019 over this past summer,
so they may or may not have time to be able to help you today, but
you'll also find that this mailing list and the other channels mentioned
on the high-level GSoC page:

https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/GSoC

That might even be a way for you to continue to contribute to PG (and be
paid by Google to do so) even after you're done with this semester,
assuming you meet the criteria for GSoC 2020.

Thanks!

Stephen

Вложения