Re: Request to be allotted a project or a feature in pipeline

От Michael Paquier
Тема Re: Request to be allotted a project or a feature in pipeline
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Dec 16, 2019 at 03:09:51PM +0100, Laurenz Albe wrote:
> Code review is definitely part of software development practice, and
> reading and understanding the code of experienced developers can teach
> you a lot.  Another nice aspect is that this is an activity that can easily
> be adjusted to span three months; if you embark on a new feature, the
> three months may pass without your patch getting accepted.

Code review can be very challenging, but that's very fruitful in the
long-term as you gain experience reading other's code.  You will most
likely begin to dig into parts of the code you are not familiar of,
still there are a couple of areas which are more simple than others if
you want to get used to the Postgres code, like changes involving
in-core extensions or client binaries.  If you begin working on a
feature, I would recommend beginning with something small-ish.  And
even such things can sometimes get more complicated depending on the
reviews you get regarding issues you did not even imagine :)
--
Michael

Вложения