Re: error context for vacuum to include block number

От Michael Paquier
Тема Re: error context for vacuum to include block number
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Dec 13, 2019 at 04:47:35PM -0600, Justin Pryzby wrote:
> It's related code which I cleaned up before adding new stuff.  Not essential,
> thus separate (0002 should be backpatched).

The issue just causes some extra work and that's not a bug, so applied
without a backpatch.

>> The refactoring in 0003 is interesting, so I would be tempted to merge
>> it.  Now you have one small issue in it:
>> -    /*
>> -     * Forget the now-vacuumed tuples, and press on, but be careful
>> -     * not to reset latestRemovedXid since we want that value to be
>> -     * valid.
>> -     */
>> +     lazy_vacuum_heap_index(onerel, vacrelstats, Irel, nindexes, indstats);
>>       vacrelstats->num_dead_tuples = 0;
>> -     vacrelstats->num_index_scans++;
>> You are moving this comment within lazy_vacuum_heap_index, but it
>> applies to num_dead_tuples and not num_index_scans, no?  You should
>> keep the incrementation of num_index_scans within the routine though.
>
> Thank you, fixed.

For 0003, I think that lazy_vacuum_heap_index() can be confusing as
those indexes are unrelated to heap.  Why not naming it just
lazy_vacuum_all_indexes()?  The routine should also have a header
describing it.
--
Michael

Вложения