Re: recovery_min_apply_delay in archive recovery causes assertionfailure in latch

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: recovery_min_apply_delay in archive recovery causes assertionfailure in latch
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 2019-Oct-19, Michael Paquier wrote:

> On Thu, Oct 17, 2019 at 02:35:13PM +0900, Michael Paquier wrote:
> > ArchiveRecoveryRequested will be set to true if recovery.signal or
> > standby.signal are found, so it seems to me that you can make all
> > those checks more simple by removing from the equation
> > StandbyModeRequested, no?  StandbyModeRequested is never set to true
> > if ArchiveRecoveryRequested is not itself true.
>
> For the sake of the archives, this has been applied by Fujii-san as of
> ec1259e8.

So, the commit message says

    Fix failure of archive recovery with recovery_min_apply_delay enabled.

    recovery_min_apply_delay parameter is intended for use with streaming
    replication deployments. However, the document clearly explains that
    the parameter will be honored in all cases if it's specified. So it should
    take effect even if in archive recovery. But, previously, archive recovery
    with recovery_min_apply_delay enabled always failed, and caused assertion
    failure if --enable-caasert is enabled.

but I'm not clear how would this problem manifest in the case of a build
with assertions disabled.  Will it keep sleeping beyond the specified
time?

Сообщение: Re: BUG #16059: Tab-completion of filenames in COPY commands removes required quotes
Сообщение: Re: BUG #16059: Tab-completion of filenames in COPY commands removesrequired quotes