Re: logical replication: could not create file "state.tmp": Fileexists

От Michael Paquier
Тема Re: logical replication: could not create file "state.tmp": Fileexists
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
On Mon, Dec 02, 2019 at 08:12:22AM -0800, Andres Freund wrote:
> I'm very doubtful about this. I think it's a good safety measure to
> ensure that there's no previous state file that we're somehow
> overwriting.

During the checkpoint of replication slots, SaveSlotToPath() would
just *LOG* any failure while leaving around the state.tmp of a slot,
and then any follow-up attempt to create state.tmp would just fail
because of that, preventing the slot state file from being flushed
continuously.  I think that's wrong.  Concurrency is not a concern
either here as the slot's LWLock to track an I/O in progress is taken
in exclusive lock.
--
Michael

Вложения