Re: Contention on LWLock buffer_content, due to SHARED lock(?)

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: Contention on LWLock buffer_content, due to SHARED lock(?)
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 2019-Dec-10, Jens-Wolfhard Schicke-Uffmann wrote:

> More troubling (to me) is that I already know of another table in the
> system which should be next-in-line for the same problem, but only on
> some rows: It represents accounting entities, of which a very (nearly
> static) few are payment processors and all others are customers. From
> the application's perspective there's not too much difference between
> those, but any customer row will typically only be share locked once,
> whereas share locks on payment processor rows will be held by most of
> the transactions currently active.

Well, you could partition that table.  This probably means you'll need
to improve Postgres implementation of PKs on partitioned tables, though.

Сообщение: Re: Contention on LWLock buffer_content, due to SHARED lock(?)
Сообщение: Re: Contention on LWLock buffer_content, due to SHARED lock(?)