Re: log bind parameter values on error

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: log bind parameter values on error
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 2019-Dec-09, Alvaro Herrera wrote:

> I see four possible ways forward, with nuances.  In order of preference:
>
> 1. change enough of the build system so that pg_encoding_mbcliplen is
>    available.  (Offhand I see no reason why we couldn't move the
>    function from mbutils.c to wchar.c, but I haven't tried.)

Ah, this seems to require putting encnames.o and wchar.o in src/common's
Makefile and moving pg_encoding_mbcliplen() from mbutils.c to wchar.c.
Fairly simple.

(There's a little bit of additional fallout because libpq also has
encnames/wchar in its roster, but I think this means we can just remove
them from there and let them be acquired via libpgcommon.)