Missing data_sync_elevel() for some calls of pg_fsync()?

От Michael Paquier
Тема Missing data_sync_elevel() for some calls of pg_fsync()?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi all,

I was just looking at some callers of pg_fsync(), to notice that some
code paths don't use data_sync_elevel().  For some code paths, that's
actually better to never PANIC (say backup_label file, logical
decoding snapshot, lock file where FATAL/LOG are used now, etc.).
However I have spotted three code paths where this is not done and I
think that's not fine:
- 2PC file generated at checkpoint time.
- WAL segment initialization.
- Temporary state file for a replication slot save, which may cause
ERRORs at checkpoint time.

Any thoughts?
--
Michael