Re: Slow response to my query

От Bzzzz
Тема Re: Slow response to my query
Дата
Список pgsql-novice
On Fri, 29 Nov 2019 15:38:53 +0100
Goke Aruna <goksie@gmail.com> wrote:

> Thanks Jean-Yves / Steven,
> am using V12.

Depending on the way you mostly use your columns, you can also do the
opposite: store date/timestamp into "pieces" in different columns
(century, month, day, hours, minutes, seconds, milliseconds, time zone
shift) and reconstitute a whole date/ts into an auto-generated column.

Sometimes, you have to break the rules, especially with a large number of
rows, because pre-calculation is way better than post in this case.

Depending on your needs, you might also be interested into that:
https://severalnines.com/database-blog/guide-partitioning-data-postgresql

BTW, don't leave us dry, share your progress and results *<;-)

Jean-Yves

> On Fri, Nov 29, 2019 at 3:21 PM Bzzzz <lazyvirus@gmx.com> wrote:
>
> > On Fri, 29 Nov 2019 12:09:04 +0100
> > Goke Aruna <goksie@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > Oops, I forgot,
> >
> > as you're not using V.12, it might not be a bad idea to create  new
> > columns and trigger(s) to pre-calculate all of the EXTRACT/2 you
> > need.
> >
> > Jean-Yves

Сообщение: Re: Slow response to my query
Сообщение: Re: Slow response to my query