Re: [BUG] Uninitialized var buffer flag used.

От Andres Freund
Тема Re: [BUG] Uninitialized var buffer flag used.
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
Hi,

On 2019-11-13 17:07:00 +0000, Ranier Vilela wrote:
> file: /backend/tsearch/spell.c
> line: 1534
> var: flag

I'll echo Tom's complaint in a nearby thread that the format of these
complaints is distinctly lacking.

But I do agree that this looks at least a bit fishy - if there were an
ispell file without a "flag" line, it does indeed seem that we'd pass an
uninitialized flag to NIAddAffix(), which'd duly cpstrdup() it.

Now, practically that's probably fine, because there's likely to be no
affix files witout flags, but we shouldn't rely on that.

Greetings,

Andres Freund

Сообщение: Re: BUG #16112: large, unexpected memory consumption
Сообщение: Re: BUG #16112: large, unexpected memory consumption