Re: Monitoring disk space from within the server

От Christoph Berg
Тема Re: Monitoring disk space from within the server
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Re: Julien Rouhaud 2019-11-08 <CAOBaU_ay0FT6dFt61Pae77pHEu6sny3xM43L4i-pPi5kKkguxQ@mail.gmail.com>
> > We could append the quotactl(Q_GETQUOTA) information as well, but I'm
> > not sure this has a sensible actual-users-to-noise ratio.
>
> Well, having a quota is one of the few real reason to create a
> tablespace so it's probably worth it, although  I have to agree that I
> seldom saw quota in production.

Given that PG deals badly with one tablespace being full (might work
in production, but if it's full during recovery, the whole server will
stop), I've never seen quotas being used.

Christoph