Re: PostgreSQL 12 release notes missing breaking change in libpq

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: PostgreSQL 12 release notes missing breaking change in libpq
Дата
Список pgsql-docs
On Wed, Oct 30, 2019 at 01:29:48PM +0900, Michael Paquier wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 23, 2019 at 10:05:44PM -0400, Bruce Momjian wrote:
> > My reading of the commit message is that the error messages will just be
> > more helpful now, not that some things would now error that use to be
> > ignored.  I am still unclear exactly what the release notes should say.
>
> Nay.  It could be worse as in some cases like for the keepalive
> parameters, the values would be just silently ignored.  Please let me
> suggest the attached for the release notes of REL_12_STABLE.

Thanks for the patch.  I slightly modified the wording and applied the
attached patch.

Вложения

От: Michael Paquier
Сообщение: Re: PostgreSQL 12 release notes missing breaking change in libpq
Сообщение: Re: PostgreSQL 12 release notes missing breaking change in libpq