Re: [BUG] standby node can not provide service even it replays alllog files

От Kyotaro Horiguchi
Тема Re: [BUG] standby node can not provide service even it replays alllog files
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Mmm..

At Tue, 29 Oct 2019 13:57:19 +0900 (JST), Kyotaro Horiguchi <horikyota.ntt@gmail.com> wrote in
> So, somehow we need to complete the KnownAssignedTransactionIds even
> if there's any subxid-overflown transactions. As mentioned upthread,
> I think we have at least the following choices.
>
> - Send back the complete xid list for START REPLICATION command from
>   walreceiver.
>
> - The first XLOG_RUNNING_XACTS after a standby comes in while
>   subxid-overflown transaction lives.
>
> I think the first is better.
>
> Any suggestions?

On second thought, for the first choice, currently we don't have a
means to recall snapshot at arbitrary checkpoint time so it would be
hard to do that. But the second choice doesn't seem a good way..

regards.

--
Kyotaro Horiguchi
NTT Open Source Software Center