Re: Remove one use of IDENT_USERNAME_MAX

От Kyotaro Horiguchi
Тема Re: Remove one use of IDENT_USERNAME_MAX
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hello.

At Sat, 26 Oct 2019 08:55:03 +0200, Peter Eisentraut <peter.eisentraut@2ndquadrant.com> wrote in
> IDENT_USERNAME_MAX is the maximum length of the information returned
> by an ident server, per RFC 1413.  Using it as the buffer size in peer
> authentication is inappropriate.  It was done here because of the
> historical relationship between peer and ident authentication.  But
> since it's also completely useless code-wise, remove it.

In think one of the reasons for the coding is the fact that *pw is
described to be placed in the static area, which can be overwritten by
succeeding calls to getpw*() functions. I think we can believe
check_usermap() never calls them but I suppose that some comments
needed..

regards.

--
Kyotaro Horiguchi