Re: postgres has no spinlock support on riscv rv64imafdc

От Andres Freund
Тема Re: postgres has no spinlock support on riscv rv64imafdc
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
Hi,

On 2019-10-18 09:00:23 +0200, Tom Lane wrote:
> TBH, though, my preference would be for some assembly code rather than
> relying on GCC builtins as Richard's patch did.

-1. I think there's good arguments for using inline assembly on
platforms where we've done so historically, and where we have to support
old compilers without good support for intrinsics/builtins. But I see
very little reason for adding more such cases for newer platforms -
doing so correctly and efficiently is substantial work and fragile.

Greetings,

Andres Freund