Re: Clean up MinGW def file generation

От Michael Paquier
Тема Re: Clean up MinGW def file generation
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Oct 15, 2019 at 09:00:23AM +0200, Peter Eisentraut wrote:
> This doesn't make much sense (anymore?) since MinGW surely has sed and
> MSVC doesn't use this (and has Perl).  I think this is a leftover from
> various ancient client-only ad-hoc Windows build provisions (those
> win32.mak files we used to have around).  Also, the ddll.def (debug
> build) isn't used by anything anymore AFAICT.

sed is present in MinGW for some time, at least 2009 if you look here:
https://sourceforge.net/projects/mingw/files/MSYS/Base/sed/
Cygwin also includes sed, so this cleanup makes sense.

> I think we can clean this up and just have the regular ddl.def built
> normally at build time if required.
>
> Does anyone know more about this?

This comes from here, but I cannot see a thread about this topic
around this date:
commit: a1d5d8574751d62a039d8ceb44329ee7c637196a
author: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e@gmx.net>
date: Tue, 26 Feb 2008 06:41:24 +0000
Refactor the code that creates the shared library export files to appear
only once in Makefile.shlib and not in four copies.
--
Michael

Вложения