Re: BUG #16045: vacuum_db crash and illegal memory alloc afterpg_upgrade from PG11 to PG12

От Tomas Vondra
Тема Re: BUG #16045: vacuum_db crash and illegal memory alloc afterpg_upgrade from PG11 to PG12
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
On Mon, Oct 14, 2019 at 11:41:18PM -0500, Justin Pryzby wrote:
>On Tue, Oct 15, 2019 at 02:18:17AM +0200, Tomas Vondra wrote:
>> On Mon, Oct 14, 2019 at 06:35:38PM +0200, Tomas Vondra wrote:
>> >
>> >Aha! I forgot we copy the necessary stuff into pg_attribute. Thanks for
>> >clarifying, I'll polish and push the fix shortly.
>
>Perhaps it'd be worth creating a test for on-disk format ?
>
>Like a table with a column for each core type, which is either SELECTed from
>after pg_upgrade, or pg_dump output compared before and after.

IMO that would be useful - we now have a couple of these checks for
different data types (line, unknown, sql_identifier), with a couple of
combinations each. And I've been looking if we do similar pg_upgrade
tests, but I haven't found anything. I mean, we do pg_upgrade the
cluster used for regression tests, but here we need to test a number of
cases that are meant to abort the pg_upgrade. So we'd need a number of
pg_upgrade runs, to test that.

regards