Re: configure fails for perl check on CentOS8

От Kyotaro Horiguchi
Тема Re: configure fails for perl check on CentOS8
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi. Sorry for the delay.

At Thu, 10 Oct 2019 11:51:21 -0400, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote in
> Andrew Dunstan <andrew.dunstan@2ndquadrant.com> writes:
> > On 10/10/19 1:46 AM, Kyotaro Horiguchi wrote:
> >> Hello, While I'm moving to CentOS8 environment, I got stuck at
> >> ./configure with the following error.
> >> configure: error: libperl library is requred for Perl
> >> It complains that it needs -fPIC.
> >> Configure uses only $Config{ccflags}, but it seems that
> >> $Config{cccdlflags} is also required. The attached patch make
> >> ./configure success. (configure itself is excluded in the patch.)
>
> > ./configure --with-perl
> > is working for me on Centos8 (double checked after a `dnf update`)
>
> Yeah, I'm quite suspicious of this too.  Although we don't seem to have
> any buildfarm members covering exactly RHEL8/CentOS8, we have enough
> coverage of different Fedora releases to make it hard to believe that
> we missed any changes in Red Hat's packaging of Perl.
>
> Is this error perhaps occurring with a non-vendor Perl installation?
> What's the exact error message?  config.log might contain some useful
> clues, too.

The perl package is official one. I found the cause, that's my
mistake.

The problematic command line boils down to:

$ ./configure --with-perl CFLAGS=-O0

It is bash-aliased and survived without being found for a long time on
my Cent7 environment, but CentOS8 doesn't allow that.

By the way, is there any official way to specify options like -O0
while configure time?

regards.

--
Kyotaro Horiguchi