Re: pgsql: Fix dependency handling of column drop with partitionedtables

От Michael Paquier
Тема Re: pgsql: Fix dependency handling of column drop with partitionedtables
Дата
Список pgsql-committers
On Sun, Oct 13, 2019 at 08:54:19AM +0000, Michael Paquier wrote:
> Fix dependency handling of column drop with partitioned tables
>
> When dropping a column on a partitioned table which has one or more
> partitioned indexes, the operation was failing as dependencies with
> partitioned indexes using the column dropped were not getting removed in
> a way consistent with the columns involved across all the relations part
> of an inheritance tree.
>
> This commit refactors the code executing column drop so as all the
> columns from an inheritance tree to remove are gathered first, and
> dropped all at the end.  This way, we let the dependency machinery sort
> out by itself the deletion of all the columns with the partitioned
> indexes across a partition tree.

rhinoceros is unhappy with this one in the sepgsql tests as this has
moved a cascading drop notice when droping a column:
 ALTER TABLE regtest_table DROP COLUMN y;
 LOG:  SELinux: allowed { drop }
 scontext=unconfined_u:unconfined_r:sepgsql_regtest_superuser_t:s0
 tcontext=unconfined_u:object_r:sepgsql_table_t:s0 tclass=db_column
 name="regtest_schema.regtest_table.y"
 ALTER TABLE regtest_ptable DROP COLUMN q CASCADE;
+NOTICE:  drop cascades to view regtest_pview
 LOG:  SELinux: allowed { drop }
 scontext=unconfined_u:unconfined_r:sepgsql_regtest_superuser_t:s0
 tcontext=unconfined_u:object_r:sepgsql_table_t:s0 tclass=db_column
 name="regtest_schema.regtest_ptable_ones.q"
 LOG:  SELinux: allowed { drop }
 scontext=unconfined_u:unconfined_r:sepgsql_regtest_superuser_t:s0
 tcontext=unconfined_u:object_r:sepgsql_table_t:s0 tclass=db_column
 name="regtest_schema.regtest_ptable_tens.q"
-NOTICE:  drop cascades to view regtest_pview

It seems to me that it would be fine to just update the output to
the newly-expected behavior.  Any opinions?
--
Michael

Вложения