Re: dropping column prevented due to inherited index

От Michael Paquier
Тема Re: dropping column prevented due to inherited index
Дата
Re: dropping column prevented due to inherited index  (Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@2ndquadrant.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Oct 10, 2019 at 05:28:02PM +0900, Amit Langote wrote:
> Actually, the code initializes it on the first call (recursing is
> false) and asserts that it must have been already initialized in a
> recursive (recursing is true) call.

I have actually kept your simplified version.

> Okay, sure.  Maybe it's better to write the comment inside the if
> block, because if recursing is true, we don't drop yet.

Sure.

> Thoughts on suggestion to expand the test case?

No objections to that, so done as per the attached.  Does that match
what you were thinking about?
--
Michael

Вложения