Re: WG: [postgis-users] PostgreSQL 12 and PostGIS

От Christoph Berg
Тема Re: WG: [postgis-users] PostgreSQL 12 and PostGIS
Дата
Список pgsql-pkg-debian
Re: Stefan Wolf 2019-10-05 <001e01d57ba2$d135f3b0$73a1db10$@zpmt.de>
> Today I've installed the brand new PostgreSQL 12  on Ubuntu 18.04
>

> "apt-get install postgis"  will install PostGIS 2.5.2, but the  PATH is
> wrong:  /usr/share/postgresql/11/.
>

> So CREATE EXTENSION postgis will fail.

Hi Stefan,

it's never been the expectation that "postgis" will install the
correct PostGIS version for the correct PostgreSQL version. If there's
only one version to choose from in a single Debian distribution, it
will work, but as soon as there's several versions to choose from like
in apt.postgresql.org, you should explicitly select a version:

apt install postgis postgresql-11-postgis-2.5

That said, we don't have postgis 2.5 packages for PG 12 yet.

Christoph