Re: BUG #16042: incorrect .gitignore file

От Andres Freund
Тема Re: BUG #16042: incorrect .gitignore file
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
Hi,

On 2019-10-05 12:28:01 -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
> PG Bug reporting form <noreply@postgresql.org> writes:
> > The source codes contain the file src/bin/pg_waldump/.gitignore
> > This file contains the line /*desc.c
> > This line does not give the correct commit file rmgrdesc.c from this
> > directory to the "my" git repository.
>
> Yeah, somebody was being overly lazy there.  I cleaned it up.

Seems like adding a !rmgrdesc.c pattern would have a been easier?

       •   An optional prefix "!" which negates the pattern; any matching file excluded by a previous pattern will
become
           included again. It is not possible to re-include a file if a parent directory of that file is excluded. Git
           doesn’t list excluded directories for performance reasons, so any patterns on contained files have no
effect,no

           matter where they are defined. Put a backslash ("\") in front of the first "!" for patterns that begin with
           literal "!", for example, "\!important!.txt".

Greetings,

Andres Freund

Сообщение: Re: BUG #16042: incorrect .gitignore file
Сообщение: Re: BUG #16042: incorrect .gitignore file