Re: Redis 16 times faster than Postgres?

От raf
Тема Re: Redis 16 times faster than Postgres?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Steve Litt wrote:

> On Mon, 30 Sep 2019 07:46:14 +1000
> Nathan Woodrow <madmanwoo@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Redis is a in memory database so I would except it to be always much
> > faster..
>
> Is there a way to have Redis periodically update an on-disk backup?
> That would be great, but otherwise you're at the mercy of your power
> company (here in Central Florida it's routine for power to go down and
> stay down for five hours).
>
> SteveT
>
> Steve Litt
> Author: The Key to Everyday Excellence
> http://www.troubleshooters.com/key
> Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/stevelitt

i don't know but voltdb, another in-memory database,
replicates to other instances which can be in different
geographical locations and so not prone to a single
power failure. perhaps all in-memory databases are
aware of the need for this.

cheers,
raf

Сообщение: Re: Redis 16 times faster than Postgres?
Сообщение: Re: Redis 16 times faster than Postgres?