Re: Hooks for session start and end, take two

От Michael Paquier
Тема Re: Hooks for session start and end, take two
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Sat, Sep 28, 2019 at 10:43:36AM -0300, Fabrízio de Royes Mello wrote:
> I poked a little with the patch and everything is ok. Your check for normal
> backend on test_session_hooks is much simpler than I did before:
>
> +    /* just consider normal backends */
> +    if (MyBackendId == InvalidBackendId)
> +        return;
>
> But one thing came to my mind, why not in this first version we hook just
> normal backends?

This code path can only be taken by normal backends, so that would
apply, still I don't actually see why we should limit us here on the
backend side.  If for a reason or another those two code paths begin
to be taken by a backend with InvalidBackendId, then users of the
session start/end hook will need to think how to handle it if they
didn't from the start, which sounds like a good thing to me.
--
Michael

Вложения