Re: pg_wal/RECOVERYHISTORY file remains after archive recovery

От Michael Paquier
Тема Re: pg_wal/RECOVERYHISTORY file remains after archive recovery
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Sep 27, 2019 at 10:00:16PM +0900, Masahiko Sawada wrote:
> I abandoned once to move the removal code to between
> writeTimeLineHistory() and timeline switching because of expanding the
> window but since unlink itself will complete within a very short time
> it would not be problamatic much.
>
> Attached the updated patch that just moves the removal code.

That's not quite it, as you forgot to move the declaration of
recoveryPath so the patch fails to compile.

Adding some tests would be nice, so I updated your patch to include
something.  One place where we recover files from archives is
002_archiving.pl, still the files get renamed to the segment names
when recovered so that's difficult to make that part 100%
deterministic yet.  Still as a reminder of the properties behind those
files it does not sound bad to document it in the test either, that's
cheap, and we get the future covered.
--
Michael

Вложения