Re: pgbench - allow to create partitioned tables

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: pgbench - allow to create partitioned tables
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 2019-Sep-27, Amit Kapila wrote:

> Thanks, Alvaro, both seem like good suggestions to me.  However, there
> are a few more things where your feedback can help:
> a.  With new options, we will partition pgbench_accounts and the
> reason is that because that is the largest table.  Do we need to be
> explicit about the reason in docs?

Hmm, I would document what is it that we do, and stop there without
explaining why.  Unless you have concrete reasons to want the reason
documented?

> b.  I am not comfortable with test modification in
> 001_pgbench_with_server.pl.  Basically, it doesn't seem like we should
> modify the existing test to use non-default tablespaces as part of
> this patch.  It might be a good idea in general, but I am not sure
> doing as part of this patch is a good idea as there is no big value
> addition with that modification as far as this patch is concerned.
> OTOH, as such there is no harm in testing with non-default
> tablespaces.

Yeah, this change certainly is out of place in this patch.

> The other thing is that the query used in patch to fetch partition
> information seems correct to me, but maybe there is a better way to
> get that information.

I hadn't looked at that, but yeah it seems that it should be using
pg_partition_tree().