Re: Speed up transaction completion faster after many relations areaccessed in a transaction

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: Speed up transaction completion faster after many relations areaccessed in a transaction
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 2019-Sep-03, Tsunakawa, Takayuki wrote:

> From: Alvaro Herrera [mailto:alvherre@2ndquadrant.com]
> > Hmm ... is this patch rejected, or is somebody still trying to get it to
> > committable state?  David, you're listed as committer.
>
> I don't think it's rejected.  It would be a pity (mottainai) to refuse
> this, because it provides significant speedup despite its simple
> modification.

I don't necessarily disagree with your argumentation, but Travis is
complaining thusly:

gcc -Wall -Wmissing-prototypes -Wpointer-arith -Wdeclaration-after-statement -Werror=vla -Wendif-labels
-Wmissing-format-attribute-Wformat-security -fno-strict-aliasing -fwrapv -fexcess-precision=standard -g -O2 -Wall
-Werror-I../../../../src/include -I/usr/include/x86_64-linux-gnu -D_GNU_SOURCE   -c -o lock.o lock.c

1840lock.c:486:1: error: conflicting types for ‘TryShrinkLocalLockHash’
1841 TryShrinkLocalLockHash(long numLocksHeld)
1842 ^
1843lock.c:351:20: note: previous declaration of ‘TryShrinkLocalLockHash’ was here
1844 static inline void TryShrinkLocalLockHash(void);
1845                    ^
1846<builtin>: recipe for target 'lock.o' failed

Please fix.