Re: Cache lookup errors with functions manipulation object addresses

От Michael Paquier
Тема Re: Cache lookup errors with functions manipulation object addresses
Дата
Re: Cache lookup errors with functions manipulation object addresses  (Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@2ndquadrant.com>)
Re: Cache lookup errors with functions manipulation object addresses  (Dmitry Dolgov <9erthalion6@gmail.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Sep 23, 2019 at 09:15:24PM +0200, Dmitry Dolgov wrote:
> Thanks for the patch! I couldn't check it in action, since looks like it
> doesn't apply anymore [1] (although after a quick check I'm not entirely sure
> why). Nevertheless I have a few short commentaries:

Thanks for the review.  There was a small conflict in objectaddress.h
easy enough to solve.

> Here and in format_operator_extened commentary says
>
>     * Returns a palloc'd string.
>
> but now it's possible to return NULL, so I guess comments need to be adjusted,
> right?

Right.

>     v16-0003-Eliminate-user-visible-cache-lookup-errors-for-o.patch
>
>     - appendStringInfo(&buffer, _("operator %s"),
>     - format_operator(object->objectId));
>     - break;
>     + {
>     + char *oprname = format_operator_extended(object->objectId,
>     + FORMAT_PROC_FORCE_NULL);
>
> Shouldn't it be FORMAT_OPERATOR_FORCE_NULL here?

Indeed, that's the case.

Please feel free to use the updated versions attached.  These can
apply on top of HEAD at 30d1379.
--
Michael

Вложения