Re: Using postgresql.org account as an auth id on third partywebsites

От Stephen Frost
Тема Re: Using postgresql.org account as an auth id on third partywebsites
Дата
Список pgsql-www
Greetings,

* Álvaro Hernández (aht@ongres.com) wrote:
> On 18/9/19 9:08, Stephen Frost wrote:
> >I'd also point out that those other organizations are recognized
> >Community Non-Profits, and/or running Community recognized conferences.
> >That isn't an explicit 'policy' about what we run on pginfra or what
> >pginfra manages or is willing to tie things into, just to be clear, but
> >I do think it provides a good set of examples.
>
>     If there isn't such a policy, TBQH I don't think this is an example of
> anything. And if there would be a policy, I believe that being a Community
> Non-Profit and/or running a Community conference should not be requisites
> for being able to use postgresql.org login. Why should they be related at
> all? If anything, this is about providing *conveniency* for PostgreSQL users
> to log into third party services without having to depend on other third
> party authentication providers which whom those users may feel less
> comfortable.

I addressed this- having that tie-in is a de-facto endorsement of it.

>     FWIW I also organize a Community Recognized Conference
> (https://pgibz.io).

Great!  Perhaps if it was hosted on pginfra then we could have it
included as part of the auth system.

>     Good, I'm all ears. But I'm still surprised that technical bits are not
> required for PostgreSQL EU / US, they are separate entities and those bits
> (at least from a legal perspective) should apply equally.

The technical bits are around who manages the systems, not around what
the organizations are.  If you'd like us to host postgresqlco.nf, that'd
be a seperate discussion.

Thanks,

Stephen

Вложения

В списке pgsql-www по дате отправления:

Сообщение: Re: Using postgresql.org account as an auth id on third partywebsites
Сообщение: Re: Using postgresql.org account as an auth id on third partywebsites