Re: psql - improve test coverage from 41% to 88%

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: psql - improve test coverage from 41% to 88%
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
I think the TestLib.pm changes should be done separately, not together
with the rest of the hacking in this patch.

Mostly, because I think they're going to cause trouble.  Adding a
parameter in the middle of the list may cause trouble for third-party
users of TestLib.  I propose that we make the routines a bit smarter to
cope with the API change: use named parameters instead.  And in order to
do that without having to change existing users of command_check, make
it so that the routine checks whether the parameter is a hashref, and
behave differently.  So when called as in the existing callsites (five
scalar paramters) it behaves as currently.