Re: base backup client as auxiliary backend process

От Kyotaro Horiguchi
Тема Re: base backup client as auxiliary backend process
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hello, thanks for pinging.

At Wed, 11 Sep 2019 19:15:24 -0300, Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@2ndquadrant.com> wrote in
<20190911221524.GA16563@alvherre.pgsql>
> On 2019-Aug-30, Peter Eisentraut wrote:
>
> > Attached is an updated patch for this.  I have changed the initdb option
> > name per suggestion.  The WAL receiver is now started concurrently with
> > the base backup.  There is progress reporting (ps display), fsyncing.
> > Configuration files are not copied anymore.  There is a simple test
> > suite.  Tablespace support is still missing, but it would be
> > straightforward.
>
> This is an amazing feature.  How come we don't have people cramming to
> review this?

I love it, too. As for me, the reason for hesitating review this
is the patch is said to be experimental. That means 'the details
don't matter, let's discuss it's design/outline.'. So I wanted to
see what the past reviewers comment on the revised shape before I
would stir up the discussion by maybe-pointless comment. (Then
forgotten..)

I'll re-look on this.

regards.

--
Kyotaro Horiguchi
NTT Open Source Software Center

Сообщение: Re: Do not check unlogged indexes on standby
Сообщение: Re: Do not check unlogged indexes on standby