Re: Change atoi to strtol in same place

От Joe Nelson
Тема Re: Change atoi to strtol in same place
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Michael Paquier wrote:
> Using a wrapper in src/fe_utils makes sense.  I would have used
> options.c for the new file, or would that be too much generic?

Sure, options.c sounds fine -- it doesn't seem any more generic than
"arg_utils" and is a little simpler. The only other question I have is
if the function inside -- with some adjustment in its interface -- might
be useful in other contexts beyond front-end args checking.

> The code indentation is weird, particularly the switch/case in
> pg_strtoint64_range().

I did run pgindent... Do I need to tell it about the existence of the
new file?

> The error handling is awkward.

Let's continue this point in your follow-up
<20190911035356.GE1953@paquier.xyz>.

> Why do you need to update common/Makefile?

Thought I needed to do this so that other parts would link properly, but
just removed the changes there and stuff still links OK, so I'll remove
that change.

> The builds on Windows are broken.  You are adding one file into
> fe_utils, but forgot to update @pgfeutilsfiles in Mkvcbuild.pm.  --

Thanks for the tip, I'm still learning about the build process. Is there
a service I can use to test my patches across multiple platforms? I'd
rather not bother reviewers with build problems that I can catch in a
more automated way.

--
Joe Nelson      https://begriffs.com