Re: MSVC buildfarm critters are not running modules' TAP tests

От Christoph Moench-Tegeder
Тема Re: MSVC buildfarm critters are not running modules' TAP tests
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
## Tom Lane (tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us):

> I took a stab at fixing this, but lacking a Windows environment
> to test in, I can't be sure if it works.  The attached does kinda
> sorta work if I run it in a Linux environment --- but I found that
> system() doesn't automatically expand "t/*.pl" on Linux.  Is that
> an expected difference between Linux and Windows perl?

At least the behaviour on Linux (or any unix) is expected: if you pass
a list to perl's system(), perl does not run the command under a shell
(a shell is only invoked if there's only a scalar argument to system()
(or if the list has only one element) and that argument contains shell
metacharacters). That's a source of no small amount "fun" for perl
programms "shelling out", because "sometimes" there is no shell.
Perl's system hase some more caveats, "perldoc -f system" has a
starter on that topic.

Regards,
Christoph

--